Speck and prune rolls
Tempting morsels of finger food that are perfect on all occasions: find out how to make this flavour-packed recipe.
|12 slices of Speck delle Alpi Negroni (Negroni Alpine Speck)|
|12 stoned prunes|
- Roast the almonds in a non-stick pan and when sufficiently crisp, turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Place one roasted almond inside each prune.
- Take one slice of Speck delle Alpi Negroni and wrap it around the prune.
- Place all the rolls on an oven tray previously covered with greaseproof paper and bake for 5 minutes at 180° C.
- The rolls will be ready when the speck starts to become crisp.
Speck and prune rolls make the perfect appetizer to enjoy with an aperitif, or they may become the star feature of a starter thanks to this perfectly harmonious combination of flavours: the sweetness of prunes encounters the assertive flavour of Speck delle Alpi Negroni to create an appealing recipe that could also make a quick office lunch.
They are best enjoyed when warm but not too hot: the secret is to keep an eye on the speck which should be crisp but not burnt, otherwise the harmony of this finger food will be lost. In brief, when you serve speck and prune rolls to your guests, you can sit back and enjoy the praise. And if you have difficulty rolling them up, use a toothpick to secure them firmly.