|1 roll of puff pastry (rectangular-shaped)|
|1 pack of Negroni Mortadella Stella|
|500 g red onion of the Tropea variety|
|150 g sugar|
|120 ml water|
|100 g shelled green pistachios|
Puff pastry triangles filled with mortadella and caramelized onion and garnished with chopped pistachios are crisp on the outside with a soft tasty filling. Perfect for accompanying an aperitif, their shape and filling make them hard to resist. The sweetness of caramelized onion contrasts with the savoury taste of mortadella, while the pistachios team up perfectly with this cold cut and confer an added touch of crunchiness.
- Roll out the sheet of pastry and cut it into as many small triangles as possible measuring approximately 10 cm on all three sides.
- Peel the onions and cut them into slices of medium thickness. Place the onion in a pan and add the sugar and water, mixing thoroughly. Cook over a gentle heat for about one hour, stirring frequently.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and crush the pink pepper.
- Place the Negroni Mortadella Riserva at the centre of the triangle, add one spoonful of caramelized onion and cover with another puff pastry triangle. Press the edges together with your finger tips.
- Brush the triangles with beaten egg and sprinkle them with pistachio and pink pepper.
- Pop them into an oven preheated to 180°C and bake for 20 minutes.