|500 g white onions|
|One pack of Negroni Pancetta|
|80 g butter|
|40 g flour|
|1 l vegetable stock|
|100 g cheese such as gruyère|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
- Make the vegetable stock by dissolving a stock cube in one litre of boiling water.
- Clean, trim and slice the onions, before frying them very gently in butter.
- Cover the onions and leave them to cook on a low heat for 10 minutes before adding the sifted flour.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the flour is completely absorbed.
- Add 500 ml of stock and let it simmer for 30 minutes on a medium heat with the saucepan lid on.
- Gradually add the remaining stock.
- Finally, add salt to taste and let the soup reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the soup into individual soup bowls and top with plenty of grated gruyère and black pepper.
- Pop the soup bowls into the oven preheated to 220° with the grill function on to melt the cheese for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, gently fry the Negroni pancetta in a non-stick frying pan.
- Remove the bowls from the oven and garnish the soup with the Negroni Pancetta previously crumbled into small pieces.
- Serve the onion soup piping hot.
A winter-time favourite that is easy to make and unquestionably warming and delicious. Onion soup with a crispy pancetta garnish is an excellent dish sure to please everyone, grown-ups and kids alike.
Perfect for a Sunday lunch or for a romantic dinner, this soup is a winner every time.