|12 zucchini flowers|
|Cooked Ham Monvero|
|100 g smoked scamorza cheese|
So, deliciously original, you just can’t stop eating them: fried zucchini flowers filled with scamorza cheese and cooked ham are an authentic Italian delicacy. This particular recipe has the extra punch of smoked scamorza cheese which adds a really special touch. Perfect for enjoying as a starter or as finger food when you invite friends home for a drink, fried zucchini flowers are easy to make. Get the original recipe signed Negroni!
- Open the zucchini flowers gently and eliminate the pistil.
- Dice the scamorza cheese and the cooked ham.
- Fill the flowers with the cheese and the Negroni cooked ham and then fold over the petals at the top so that the filling does not ooze out when frying.
- Make a batter using flour, very cold sparkling water and a pinch of salt. Mix the ingredients until the batter is well blended and creamy (not liquid). Do not worry too much about any lumps.
- Dip the flowers into the batter before deep frying them in a pan in boiling oil. To test the oil temperature, use a wood skewer: when you see numerous bubbles forming around the skewer, the temperature is right.
When the flowers are nice and crisp, remove them from the oil using a frying strainer and arrange them on oil absorbing paper. Serve piping hot with a pinch of salt.