|300 g rice|
|150 g asparagus|
|50 g pancetta|
|1 small glass of Cointreau|
|half an onion|
|broth as necessary|
|40 g grated cheese|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|40 g butter|
|salt and pepper|
When you need to create a party atmosphere or impress your important guests you don’t need much: just an excellent risotto with asparagus and pancetta! This dish will even appeal to the children, given the delicacy of the asparagus and the tasty goodness of the pancetta. Offer it as a Sunday dish when you are having your mother-in-law over, or as the main course for family dinner and even perfect for an evening with friends. All in all this risotto is rather quick to prepare even for an impromptu dinner. The important thing is not to neglect important details that exalt its flavors: for instance using a rich broth will make the difference compared to using just hot water.
- Peel the asparagus and blanch in salted water for a few minutes, then drain. Cut off the tips and cut the legs into rounds.
- Keep the cooking water that you can use to give flavor to the risotto.
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil and a knob of butter in a frying pan and brown the finely chopped onion.
- After a few minutes add the rounds of asparagus, mix and let them gain flavor, then add the rice and toast it.
- As soon as it takes on color sprinkle the rice with a little Cointreau.
- Now you can start cooking the rice with the vegetable broth and some of the cooking water of the asparagus. Keep stirring the rice until it is cooked.
- After cooking stir in the butter and add the grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste and serve.
This risotto combines well with dry white wine but also, during cold evenings, with a full-bodied red wine.