|1 roll of shortcrust pastry
|100 g CULATELLO DI Zibello pDO
|90 g caciocavallo cheese
Stuffed savory croissants are the ideal party food for entertaining and make for popular appetizers or snacks. If Sunday brunch is more your thing, then go ahead and add it to the menu – they’re guaranteed to be a hit. The filling made of caciocavallo cheese and Culatello di Zibello PDO give these mini-croissants a stringy, gooey, melted center with a light kick of spice that is very moreish, so make sure there is enough to go around!
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking pan and using a sharp knife, cut into triangles. Place a slice of Culatello di Zibello PDO and some diced caciocavallo cheese in the center of each triangle.
- Shape the croissants by starting from one long edge, rolling the pastry over itself, taking care to enclose the Culatello di Zibello PDO and cheese within. Give the rolled pastry the classic half-moon shape by slightly bending the ends toward each other and place on a lined baking tray.
- Prick the pastries evenly a couple of times using a fork. For a glossy, golden finish, brush over each savory croissant with some beaten egg.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the croissants are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven when they are still warm and accompany them with other appetizers for your aperitif gathering!
If you are a keen home cook and would like to really get your hands dirty – or buttery, rather – try the original recipe for making savory croissants from scratch.