|200 g potatoes
|300 g Manitoba flour
|1 cube of yeast
|a pinch of sugar
|3 teespoons of salt
|200 ml water
|40 ml milk
|150 g mozzarella
|150 g Culatello di Zibello PDO
|3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
Homemade pizza immediately creates a party atmosphere. It is not hard to prepare the dough, it just takes a bit of patience for it to rise. To get a delicious soft pizza try incorporating potatoes in the dough, reducing the amount of flour and the final result will be perfect. You can use this pizza recipe to experiment with any toppings to please everyone during a family dinner or you can create small pizzas for Sunday lunch or as an aperitif with friends. Once it is ready the pizza dough can be kept in the fridge for two or three days and used for last minute children’s snacks.
- First peel the potatoes, cut them into small pieces and boil them in water until they are well cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Dissolve the cube of yeast in 100 ml of lukewarm water together with a pinch of sugar and let it stand for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile pour flour on a cutting board to form a fountain, make a hole in the center and start to add the 100 ml of water, working the flour so that everything is absorbed well. Add the salt and water with the yeast.
- Knead some more and add the cooked potato after crushing it with a fork, plus two tablespoons of oil and milk. When the dough is very smooth let it rise for over 1 hour, covering it with a towel and keeping it in a warm place.
- The dough must double in size (if necessary let it stand longer).
- Cut the mozzarella into very small pieces, crushing it with your hands and squeezing it to remove excess water.
- When the dough has risen you can work it with your hands to spread it on the oven pan, greased with a bit of oil. Bake at 200°C for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, spread on the mozzarella and put it back in the oven again for 5-10 minutes.
- Then top with Culatello di Zibello PDO, bake for a minute and pull it out again.
Now you can top the pizza with rocket and a drizzle of oil and serve. You might add a few pan-toasted pine nuts to give a chic touch to your dish.